Guidelines for National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP)
The NSAP is a Centrally Sponsored Programme to extend 100% Central assistance to the state of Manipur to provide the benefit under it in accordance with the norms, guidelines and conditions laid down by the Central Govt applicable to all components as well as the specific conditions applicable to each component. These are set as given below :
National Old Age Pension Scheme
- The age of the applicant (male or female) shall be 65 years or higher.
- The amount of the old age pension will be Rs.75/- per month for purpose of claiming Central.
- The applicant must be a destitute in the sense of having little or no regular means of subsitence from his/her own sources of income or through financial support from family members or other sources. In order to determine destitution, the criteria, if any currently in force in the state/UT govt. may also be followed. The Govt. of India reserve the right to review these criteria and suggest appropriate revised criteria.
- The ceiling on the total number of old age pension for purpose of claiming Central assistance is specified by Govt. of India.
- Village, Panchayat and relevant authorities shall report for every case of death of pensioners immediately after its occurrence to the appropriate sanctioning authority.
National Family Benefit Scheme
- The primary breadwinner will be the member of household male or female whose earning contribute the largest proportion to the total household income.
- The death of such a primary breadwinner should have occurred whilst he or she is in the age group of 18 to 64 years i.e., more than 18 years of age and less than 65 years of age.
- The bereaved household qualifies as one under the poverty line according to the criterion prescribed by the Govt. of India.
- Rs.5,000/- in the case of death due to natural causes and Rs.10,000/- in the case of death due to accident causes will be the ceilings for purposes of claiming Central assistance.
- The family benefit will be paid to such surviving member of the household of deceased who, after due local enquiry is determined to be the head of the household. for the purpose of the scheme, the term "household" would include spouse, minor children, unmarried daughters and dependent parents.
National Maternity Benefit Scheme
- The maternity benefit will be restricted to pregnant women for up to the first two live births provided they are of 19 years of age and above. To proof the age of the applicant, Birth Certificate issued by Municipality/Sub-Divisional Office or an affidavit shown before a First Class Magistrate by the applicant or a certificate from the Head of the Institution where the applicant studied.
- The beneficiary should belong to a household below the poverty line according to the criteria prescribed by the Government of India.
- The ceiling on the amount of the benefit for purposes of claiming Central assistance will be Rs.500/-
- The sanctioning authority shall have the right to stop/recover payments made for all the three components on the basis of false or mistaken information about eligibility.
For more information
contact the Social Welfare Department, Govt. of Manipur