NATIONAL CHILDREN'S FUND (NCF)
This programme is being funded through the National Children's fund for undertaking innovative activities in the field of welfare and development of children.
It provides GIA to voluntary organizations for the welfare of children, including rehabilitation of destitute children, particularly pre-school age children.
Registered Voluntary organizations.
Target Group / Beneficiaries
Children especially those belonging to SCs/STs and other backward classes.
Pattern of assistance
The financial assistance to the voluntary organizations is a one time grant limited to 90% of the approved estimated cost of the programme / project and not exceeding Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees one lakhs only) some of the activities assisted under NCF are vocational training in tailoring, sewing, printing &composing, motor mechanics, TV & Radio repairing, handicrafts & leather goods making and motor winding, Health care and Recreational facilities, study/coaching center after school has non-formal education, library facilities; Purchase of vehicles/genet, production of films, construction of low cost building etc.
Eligibility conditions :
- The applicant should be a voluntary organization registered under an appropriate Act at least for the last two years or a regularly constituted branch of a registered welfare organization.
- The organization seeking assistance should be a non-profit making and secular organization, the services of the applicant ag3encies should be open to all citizens of India without any discrimination of religion, caste, creed or language.
- It should have the requisite financial physical and personnel resources; managerial skills and experience to initiate innovative and experimental child welfare / development activities.
- The financial position of the organization should be sound so as to be able to raise additional funds that may be required to complete the programme as also to continue the aided activities after the grant is fully utilized for a period of five years.
- The programmes / activities proposed to be started with NCF funds do not qualify for assistance from any other source of funding.
For more information
contact the Social Welfare Department, Govt. of Manipur