Balika Samridhi Yojna (BSY) in Manipur
- This centrally 100% sponsored scheme is implemented in Manipur also to provide benefits to the girl children both from rural and urban areas in all districts of Manipur. It is extended to families of girl children born on or after 15th August 1997 and living below poverty line with objectives as follows:
- To change negative family and community attitudes towards the girl child.
- To improve enrolment and selection of girl children in schools
- To raise the age at marriage of girls.
- To assist the girl to undertake income generating activities.
A sum of Rs. 500 is given to a girl child as Post-birth grant under BSY and when she starts attending the school, she will become entitled to annual scholarship after successfully completed year of schooling.
For effective implementation of the scheme in the state, District Level Committees were set up separately for 4 valley districts and 5 hill districts.
District level Committee for 4 valley districts i.e. Imphal East, Imphal West, Thoubal and Bishnupur was constituted with the Director, Social Welfare as the Chairman and District Social welfare Officer of the concerned district as the Member Secretary.
District Level Committee for 5 hill districts i.e. Churachandpur, Ukhrul, Tamenglong, Chandel and Senapati was constituted with the Deputy Commissioner as the chairman and the District Social Welfare Officer of the concerned district as the Member Secretary.