- Govt. of India has initiated a 90% centrally sponsored scheme known as the Scheme of Assistance to Homes" known as Sishu Greeha for the welfare of the children who are unfortunate. Objectives of the scheme is :
- to regulate adoption within the country to ensure minimum standards in care of children.
- to provide support for institutional care within the country for care and protection of infants and children up to 6 years of age who are either abandoned or orphaned/destitute and their rehabilitation through in-country adoption.
- To promote in-country adoptions.
- The following 3 NGOs have been recognized by the State Government and approved by Central Adoption Resource Agency (CARA), Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India to run Sishu Greeha.
- Integrated Women & Children Development Centre,
Thangmeiband Yumnam Leikai,
- Tear Fund India Committee on Relief & Rehabilitation Service,
New Lamka (West)
P.B.No.95, Churachandpur ・795 128, Manipur.
- Community Development Programme Centre,
M.I. T. Road,
For more information
contact the Social Welfare Department, Govt. of Manipur